Wednesday, January 25, 2006

TRUST IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN MONOGAMY !!!!

I was with my friend talking about the ups and downs of relationships and the carelessness with which the word “Love” is used… she handed me a newspaper and asked me to read an article “Monogamy Redefined”…
I have always thought that I am kind of conservative but this time I got the shock of my life… the article was about couples being fine with their partners having extra marital affairs, talking about their crushes and a few more things of this sort. This was talked of as a way of having a “happily ever-after…” marriage……… well happy future is ensured by a happy present and if u are happy with your spouse what exactly was the reason for straying?! Also this is to prevent long term straying… huh?! Anything left for straying?!
I found it strange that marriage is taken more as a social obligation than a life long companionship… I don’t even understand what “marriage” means in this case. Being honest is good… but does honesty give you a license to get away with anything?! It’s like confessions would make your sins vanish. Freedom to talk about your crushes… this seems to be the weirdest part to me. First of all I don’t understand exactly how many people can you be with at one time?!?! Appreciating someone is one thing and having an affair another… and people it’s all in the name of trust… the spouse knows it and has absolutely no objections… HA! Why get married at all?!?!?!
I still can’t believe it’s actually happening… whoever calls the society unaccepting… if this kind of a thing is acceptable little remains to be rejected… no wait a sec… stealing and killing has yet to be legalized and lying has yet to be moralized. I can’t think of any person I know who’d be able to tolerate this concept (whatever it is!!!) and I am proud of my acquaintances for that. But I wonder what kind of people follow this… live with this so called “happily ever after”…

6 comments:

Vinod Khare said...

I do not agree with you. One cannot compare stealing and killing with such relationships. If both usband and wife have no problems with this kind of behaviour why should anyone morally police them?? They should be free to do as they like.

Panda said...

Hi Vinod!
well... i guess you didn't notice that is what my point is... i can't relate to the couple who'd be fine with such a thing!!!
and... abt the killing thing... that's more of an expression than anything else...
regards...
misha.

Vinod Khare said...

And my point is, just the fact that you cannot relate to this couple does not mean that you should not give them the freedom to live their lives as they like.

Panda said...

hey! i am just expressing my views...
no one is capable of depriving anyone of freedom!

Nidhi said...

hey!
freedom?? people dont even know someone is talking abt them, so how is their freedom getting affected? and besides, sups is just saying that she doesn's agree or approve. her opinion that's all. everyone is entitled to their opinion... .like the couple who choose to be in a managed monogamy - sups chooses to disapprove! simple as that
whats the big deal?

regards

Tony Sebastian said...

yup mad mad world!!