Wednesday, January 25, 2006

CLICHE JUICE

This is one of my favorite poems...
It brings back a lot of memories for me... my friend gave it to me at a time when i didnt even know who David Duchovny was... she used to be a quite a X-Files fan and she made it a point to make me watch it too.....
This post is dedicated to her...

CLICHE JUICE
home is where my heart is, and my heart is out travelling
up into that wild blue yonder, wingless, prayerful
that this miracle of light will not end just yet
also at home with you, on the ground
wherever you might be at the moment, grounded like a high schooler
like a wire, a bird and a wire, feet on the ground
and my heart is in my throat now, now in my feet
lawfully descending with gravity, to the lower lowest
most sought after most beautiful bound home
aspirations involve reparations
we reach for the stars, wondering what we are
but my reason has been found, by finding youand looking down
and it is there not in the stars of the fantasized worlds
fifth dimensions, sixth senses, holy parallel potentates
of potentialities, that my feet will trace their slow
as history itself dance. A walking calligraphy so subtle
that it'll take forty years and more, and a view from above
with and impersonal remove and a lofty attachment
i hope to barely fail at that mythical two backed beast
itinerant states like the one i enjoy here
up here in the well attended air
to read the cursive strokes of my aggregate footsteps
like some fairytale dissolve, "once upon a time" or twice
written on our little page of earth ground
wherever our home may be, will be,
wherever we happen to be

2 comments:

Vinod Khare said...

Hey Sudipti, are you from SSSVV? Which batch? I was in class of 2003.

Nidhi said...

hey sups!
used to be? nah... still am:)
thanks for the post. seriously brings back memories of the time when u neither knew who david duchovny was nor were interested in knowing. haha. i loved torturing you:D (yeah yeah okay, i still do)
ciao
love
moi!