Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Sometimes parents can be wrong too...

People spend too much of the money they haven’t earned… to buy things they don’t need… to impress people they don’t like!!!
- Will Smith
This is the first thing that comes to my mind when I see kids these days. I am not saying all kids are extravagant but unfortunately too many are. And I feel that the blame for this falls less on the kids and more on their parents… when you say no for something to the child I think that should remain a no even if the child cribs. Parents know what’s best for their children and a child’s cribbing doesn’t make a wrong thing right so why do parents change their mind… parents themselves encourage tantrums this way. It might look cute to some when the kid is small (though to me it doesn’t look cute then too) but as the kid grows these tantrums take shape of irresponsibility and disrespect… and then it would be the parents turn to crib that their child is misbehaving!!
Parents always want to give their children the best of everything… but with this it is important that they pay some attention to making the child realize the value of what is being giving. My parents have never put it in to words that I should be careful about the way I spend… but yes they do expect me to be careful about what am I spending on. May be most parents are not like this… but recently I have come across way too many pampered spoilt brats… and depressed parents who keep wondering what made the child lose track… when the reason is obvious the kid knows all he/she needs to get things going his way is throw tantrums…

1 comment:

shriesh said...

God!....