Monday, December 26, 2005

Random Thoughts

Okay, question, I say to Morrie. His bony fingers hold his glasses across his chest, which rises and falls with each labored breath.
“What’s the question?” he says.
Remember the Book of Job?
“From the Bible?”
Right. Job is a good man, but God makes him suffer. To test his faith.
“I remember.”
Takes away everything he has, his house, his money, his family……
“His health.”
Makes him sick.
“To test his faith.”
Right. To test his faith. So, I’m wondering……
“What are you wondering?”
What do you think about that?
Morrie coughs violently. His hands quiver as he drops them by his side.
“I think,” he says, smiling “God overdid it.”

This excerpt is taken from the book “Tuesdays with Morrie” this is one of the many things in the book that have made me think…
I often feel I’m having a phase where the angel who was supposed to be watching over me has gone on a vacation. Then something happens and I’m forced to open my eyes and look at the world around me and I realize that I need to be grateful for all I have… and I don’t complaint. But still there is someone out there suffering… does that person deserve it?! Or is it his fate to suffer?!

PS: I do believe on God… I’m just wondering…

5 comments:

Rini Abraham said...

hey sweets...

try reading the book of Job for yourself, instead of wondering...

I think that's where the answer lies.

Tony Sebastian said...

totally hv to agree with rini on tht one....the point is no matter hw much sufferin u go thru thers somethin at the end of the tunnel thts brighter than the sun....something u get for keeps... sups try readin tht FOOTPRINTS story too...

Panda said...

hey...
i have read the footprints story... and it's not that i lack faith...
people im sorry but you are missing the whole point of the post!

Rini Abraham said...

sad.....u neva read it! u wuda understood the point i and tony were talkin abt.
miss u

Panda said...

i know it's sad being misunderstood :(