Tuesday, December 13, 2005

DREAMS AND ME....

"What is your wildest dream?" my friend asked me... I smiled at the question… and suddenly I’m lost... what is my wildest dream?! I had no answer to his question I couldn’t remember my dreams...
To my dismay I realized I had forgotten my dreams... the girl who had her own dream world, had lost her way trying to figure out the roads of mature thoughts n analysis...
I guess this happens to almost everyone... we forget ourselves in a race with time... n it's not about the hectic life today; it is about striking a balance between who you are n what you are expected to be. every person is an individual and has this wrong notion that he lives life on his own terms n conditions... but it is rarely so... every action, every step is inspired by an invisible force... we all want to feel accepted...
There’s a child within us who never grows up... it expresses itself in one way or the other... and our dreams are his strongest expression. the big yet simple thoughts... the goals that we decide as though nothing is impossible... the path that we choose as if nothing can scare us... that is the child-our true identity. but as we grow up, we succumb to norms of the society... we are scared that we might get lost in this big bad world... and hence begins our struggle for acceptance begins... the dreams are replaced by material needs... and the thoughts become mature and seek practicality...
Though I am glad that some of us are still able to live as children... with the same love for life, forgiveness for all and true enthusiasm to fulfill all our dreams. luckily such a person is my friend... our lack of practicality is what helps us relate to each other... and I want to thank him for making me feel comfortable bout being a dreamy kid in this world of mature grown-ups !!!!

3 comments:

Rini Abraham said...

Hey sups...i somehow...find this quite strange. i Never knew u'd lost ur childish self, that too in a struggle to be accepted?
But i knw it happens... i too wanted acceptance. Rarely ever got it....
sometimes got it partially, rarely ever got it in abundance...
But there is ONE who will accept u...
remember Him :)
and go ahead in life... and keep dreaming..
Dreams are wat make life worth living... and a purpose for your life.
take care
God bless u
Rini

Rohit Mahajan said...

Well, i am speechless, seems like u have just peeped into me and read my whole life...

I strongly believe in that "child" and my whole existence is guided by him. Given a choice, i would prefer not striking any balance and letting this child take over, but yet "given a choice"!!!

Sups, i felt really great after reading the post, finally i know i am not the only one!!!

Long Live u!!!

Tony Sebastian said...

wow sups...
gettin philosophical r we?? but no tht was extremely well written n well presented....something tht evryone shud read perhaps coz the moment we lose our ability to dream we r jus monotonous mortals...n yeah i don think we shud ever grow up!! neways brilliant...keep writin sups :D