Thursday, March 02, 2006

LETTING GO

I had read somewhere that it takes more strength to let go than to hold on, now I have truly learnt how difficult and how important it is to let go. I have always said this, that no matter how close I am to someone there is absolutely no one without whom my life would stop… I’d be lonely for sometime and will always miss the person but life really doesn’t stop. I was wrong… life does stop even if only for a moment, it does. And if life doesn’t stop you do. We hold on to the memories so tightly that it fills our future dreams with just getting that particular thing back… we forget that without the present there is no past and no future. It takes so much courage to face the facts, like accepting that a loved one is dead and we’d never hear from them again.
We fight so many battles within ourselves and with every decision we win and lose at the same time. I guess it’s the same thing as learning to forgiving yourself. To know that it’s ok to make a mistake and that it is important to learn the lesson well and keep it for life…

3 comments:

Panda said...

true! :)

Rohit Mahajan said...

Well, its true, letting go can be very difficult at times. Sometimes, u would devise 100 reasons to get a person back in ur life, but in the end u realize that u r playing with urself! Whatever happens, happens for the best! :-)

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

trying to let go is the hardest..only time will heal that pain..even then not entirely..just enough that you carry on